The aborigine God, Sibu (God of Joy), was the creator of everything in our world according to different legends among Costa Rican tribes. He created rivers from his own blood, wind from his mighty breath, and mountains from his hands. Almost every aborigine tribe in Costa Rica believes in Sibu. He´s not only a god, but the belief in Sibu is a complete way of living in harmony with ourselves and nature.
Some important things you should know:
- All our tours are family friendly – the tours specifically noted as “Family Friendly” welcome all ages
- All our tours are customizable – we want you to have the best, most enjoyable time during your stay in Costa Rica. Don’t see exactly what you want or have a special request? Ask us for a quote
- All our tours include safe, air-conditioned ground transportation (including to and from the airport!) as well as back and forth from your local lodging and our tours – and none of our tours include air transportation
- All our guides are English speaking – Spanish or French speaking guides upon request
- We offer lodging at Riu Guanacaste Resort – Learn more here – and will provide transportation to and from your local hotel or place of lodging
- Nous parlons Français and Hablamos Español
Our Story: Diego and Tom
Diego Sandi and Tom Jernigan met in 2009 when Diego was working as a tour guide. Diego was a guide for Tom and his son on a volcano tour. Tom was so impressed with Diego that he specifically requested him again the next day as a guide for a different tour.
As the two of them were traveling back to Tom’s hotel, Tom asked Diego why he was not running his own tour business. Diego told Tom that he would love to, and did not have the money to start. Tom asked a few more questions and then suggested they start a tour company. And Sibu Tours was born.
They agreed they wanted to provide great tours and the service to go with them. With Diego’s many years experience in guest service and the tour industry, Tom’s love of adventure, travel, and business acumen, along with their mutual love of Costa Rica, they make a great team. We think you’ll agree.
“The decision to choose Diego and Sibu Tours was by far the best I could have made. His personality and hospitality was hard to describe with words. He took care of all the details including an amazing fishing trip and a zip line spa tour at the Borinquen hotel. I completely attribute the fun we had in Costa Rica to him.”
“I travel a lot and tend to prefer small local tour companies and private tours, and the tour to Palo Verde with Diego reminded me why! He is fantastic! Fast reply via email when I first contacted him from the US. Punctually picked us up and customized the tour according to our preferences. Despite we had previously agreed about the itinerary via email, the day of the tour I wanted changes and he accommodated all our requests! Safe driver, perfect English, excellent pricing for a private tour, extremely knowledgeable, stopped the van many times to point at things we would have for sure missed with group tours.”
“SIBU: God of joy…and a joy it was…We cannot thank Sibu Tours enough for making our first experience of Costa Rica an excellent one. If you want to see the real Costa Rica, then Diego and his team at Sibu Tours is your way to go. You will not be disappointed.”